Unlock your teen's potential - our top tips!
Here are our top tips!
Sue Blair – Personality Dynamics
Here are Sue’s top tips!
- It is important to understand the different personalities in your home. A preference for introversion / extroversion will impact on the way you work together as a family
- The Myers Briggs personality types can help you understand your teen… what makes them tick, what drives them nuts and how you can you navigate your way through
- Type is not a self-fulfilling prophecy, it is just the raw material you build with. Having an understanding of your own personality and the personality of your teen will help you make it through together!
Sue Blair is the Director of Personality Dynamics and author of The Personality Puzzles.
Yvonne Godfrey – Parenting YAdults
Yvonne’s top tips:
- Establish family rituals, traditions and culture – make it fun to be in your family and create traditions that will carry on to the next generation!
- Establish routines and expectations for everyone in the family – draw up a contract and put it in writing!
- Help your teen be ready to be an adult – don’t always assume that because they have seen you do something that they will know how to do it themselves – teach them!
Yvonne Godfrey is the founder of the MIOMO 4-day Life Skills & Leadership Programme and author of Parenting Yadults ‘How to Set Up Your Young Adult for Independence and Success’.